Success can look very different to one person compared to another. To some, success owns a company worth billions and to others success can run a non-profit organization that helps with adult literacy. No matter what the dollar or intrinsic value of someone’s success, they achieved the based on the simple principles. Almost every person who has accomplished any sort of greatness in their lives says the same things. There are no secrets, just simple concepts that can help you get where you want to be.
- Find your passion. When you’re passionate about something, you will do it for free and it does not feel like work when you’re doing it. A business minded person will find a way to monetize that. You will stay up all night working on a project because the result will magnify something that you love to do. Imagine that feeling attached to a paycheck.
- Establish relationships with mentors that are experts in your field. College degrees and certifications are great foundations but nothing is more valuable than relationships and experience. Relationships can take you places that having knowledge cannot. A mentor has experience and wisdom. Heeding the advice from someone who has been in your shoes can save you from making costly mistakes and possibly cut time off of your journey to reaching your goals.
- Maintain consistency. Consistency is the key to success in anything in life. Be it a fitness routine or growing a business. Successful people are reliable and consistent, even when it’s not convenient. Set daily goals and execute them everyday. Continue to execute your goals, even when you feel like giving up.
- Delegate to others. As a business owner, it’s likely that you started you’re in business because you are passionate about the products or services that you have to offer. That does not make you an expert at running a business. Hire someone you trust to handle the mundane tasks of marketing, branding, bookkeeping, payroll, taxes, employee relations and things of that nature. Doing this will take a lot of stress off of your shoulders and allow you to focus on making the product or service great.
- Have a winning mindset. Visualize what success looks like to you and believe that you will make that vision become a reality. When you feel that your efforts are not getting the results you anticipated, remember that building the Roman empire took thousands of years, not one day. It will take time to build your empire. Do not give up. Think of the difficult times as training camp for Olympic athletes, you are training for your victory. See it through. If you can dream it, you can make it a reality.
Find a way to monetize your passion. Listen to a mentors advice. Delegate tasks that need expertise in areas other than your own. Your mindset can make or break you. Persevere and see your dreams become a reality.